September 15, 2012

2012-2013Grace Jake Review from New Zealand


I Have had 2 more days on the Jake, BIG fan, I very much have enjoyed myself on these skis. We have had some excellent conditions of late that really suit this ski. 
I have been skiing boot deep coastal powder and packed powder, the skis handled very well, they have a really nice flex pattern to them and I never felt that the ski over flexed and gave up or gave out which is great, this is a ski you should attack with and not be timid with. 
The down side to the ski came on day three when the temps went up and we had a  thaw / freeze over night, I mentioned this previously, with a radius over 30m and a softer tip that didn't want to engage the ski was hard work to bring around on firm variable conditions and not very responsive.
But lets keep it on context, as a side/back country powder ski that will mainly be in softer conditions it is great and will be a hit!!!! You mentioned Carbon, I am a big fan of the responsive nature of the bamboo, this really helps get you out of heavier conditions when you ski through different elevations or aspects, not sure if carbon would be as responsive as it generally has a damper nature. So all in all, well done, it's great, I am looking forward to some spring touring on them and will send a bunch more photos of Jakes adventures.

Cheers
Tim Williams


Director
Alpine New Zealand Ltd
tim@alpnz.com
www.alpnz.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment