December 31, 2011

kids and twigs


December 31. Happy New Year!
I can't believe that Christmas "break" is already over. If you're in the ski industry like myself, you know that Christmas is a time for work, not play. I've had ten days of skiing with children ages 7-12 and it was a blast! Will, Amalie, Catherine, Blake, and Grant- you all did so good! We used our edges! We learned about pole plants and sideslipping and pressuring and releasing! We made it down Twister, a.k.a. Twigstar, faster and with more dynamic skiing than last year! Yay twiggy moguls!
Now, what does this have to do with a Grace Skis athlete?? Skiing with these kids for the last two weeks made me think about my skiing more, criticize my errors and bobbles. It made me think about why we make the movements we do and how they help us ski efficiently and dynamically. With a lack of snow everywhere but the terrain park I've had the chance to define and enhance my moves by skiing with kids. And now it's time to take my break and head for Revelstoke!
So thanks kids for the help and inspiration to keep my momentum down the fall line!
With new Grace Kylies, custom Langes from Real Balance, and a head full of kids laughter I'm ready for the challenge of the Freeskiing World Tour in Revelstoke! As fun as skiing twiggy moguls and icy groomers are, I think I'm ready for some powder...

No comments:

Post a Comment