December 17, 2012

Grace Kylie 186 first impressions for 2012-13

Used the Kylie 186's yesterday for the first time and really loved them.  I was a bit shaky at first because I skied them cautiously to try to get the feel for them before really opening them up but quickly realized that they are not a cautious ski at all.  These things are made to be charged and skied aggressively and once I decided to ski them like any other ski in my quiver I was pretty blown away.  I was amazed at how easy it was to lay down a sharp turn on the edge without over-working my legs like I've had to do on similar sized powder skis once I get out of the fresh stuff.  I mounted them at 38 and am very happy with that decision.  These things blasted through crud and bumps without a hint of stiffness yet lay down a tight and hard edge when you decide to dig into the surface.  You can really feel the difference between the tip/tail and the effective edge which is something I've never been able to notice in some other skis I've used.  Day 1 was an early season powder/packed powder day but not a true monster day.  I'm really looking forward to opening these things up on a steep, bottomless day to get the full experience.  Straight A's so far, nice work!

-Nick

PS - Got a lot of questions/comments in the lift lines yesterday, people are curious


No comments:

Post a Comment