January 7, 2012

My Turns Are Your Turns

The Grace Ski family lost a friend this week. No, "not doing what he loves" but simply driving a jeep, an accident. We spent the night tonight going over the past. Talks of remedial ski town jobs we held with Scott in the early 90's. The road trips, the ski days, the tight living quarters, the parties, the antics of 20 somethings in a ski town. Since those days we have all gotten older, growth in ways we never thought possible back in 93. Thing is we have all been in touch over the past 20 years. Skiing brought us together in a way that was evidently solid. One simple act, the act of skiing introduced me to a meat and potatoes Michigan kid that never allowed a smile to leave my face. I don't think everyone would say Scott is "funny". Maybe they do. I found Scott to have a humor in him that I understood, enjoyed and looking back I didn't get enough.
"Growing up" put distance between us. It happens to all friends as we take different paths and our priorities change. Every wedding, every big event that brings "grown ups" together, I found myself next to Scott, he made me laugh.
Scott, thanks for being you. Thanks for serving your country. Thanks for being a husband a father a friend and my ski buddy. My turns are your turns.......

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your loss Dave. It's never easy to lose people we love.

    ReplyDelete