April 3, 2011

3rd Party review of the Kylie 196 April 2 2011

"Here is my feedback and thoughts on skis: Like we talked about the tail was a little stiff. But I think having a slightly stiff tail is better than worse, however you still need to be able to throw the skis sideways to check speed. I think the stiff tail could be helped by mounting the skis 4cm or so in front of center. But probably wouldn't hurt to soften them up a bit. Otherwise awesome. Very damp, very solid. The front 2/3 of the ski is really nice. I wonder how the 186 will ski? Probably mount just 2cm in front of center and I bet they would rock. I would love to put a pair through the Enduro. It would be a great test for the ski. I think the 186 would be the ski I would want to ski on because it would be too much for me to throw a 196 around for 10 hours (maybe have a pair of 196s on stand by). I have a pair of Marker Baron's I'd be more than willing to mount. As for the 14ers, the skis would really need to have a pair of Dynafits on them. Otherwise the setup would just be too heavy. But I bet the 186 with pair of Dynafits would tour reasonably well and be super solid for the descent." Caleb Melamed_

No comments:

Post a Comment